Payroll Manager, Permanent, Norwich, £35,000 - £40,000 DOE
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
Conditions: 37.5 hrs per week
Posted on: 6 June 2022
Rthirteen are aiding a well-known national organisation in their recruit for a Payroll Manager to join their Norwich branch. Responsible for the administration of wages and salaries, your role is pivotal in the payroll process. You will aid business efficiency, suggest process improvements and maintain compliance with relevant legislation.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with previous payroll experience to join an established, close-knit payroll & finance team.
Duties to include:
- Handling the payroll process from start to finish in line with business needs.
- Overseeing payroll operations to maintain employee confidence and confidentiality of key information, in line with GDPR legislation.
- Reviewing and approving changes for variation to payroll records.
- Providing support with the management of new TUPE transfers.
- Maintaining information on payroll systems by directing data collection and entry for prompt and accurate employee payment calculations.
- Assisting in the administration of pensions in accordance with each fund’s strategy statement, including pension reform and auto-enrolment.
- Maintaining and reviewing payroll policies, procedures and operations to initiate and manage change.
- Managing internal and external enquiries, maintaining efficiency, accuracy and professionalism.
- Studying new and existing legislation and advising action as required.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge as required.
- Assisting the overpayment processes, in line with relevant policies and legislations.
- Working with payroll budgetary guidelines.
- Collaborating with internal teams to escalate potential service issues and identify possible solutions.
You will have/be:
- Previous experience in a similar payroll position using relevant systems.
- Knowledge and experience of relevant statutory pension requirements and returns.
- Experience in operating a local government pension scheme.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office and using Sage.
- A track record of implementing and improving processes.
- An analytical mindset with a keen eye for detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Well organised with strong time management skills.
- A positive response to challenge and pressure.
This is a permanent, full-time opportunity working 37 hours per week Monday to Friday. The offered salary for this position is £35,000 - £40,000 depending on experience. Benefits of the role include 25 days holiday + bank holidays, pension, free on-site parking, relaxed work culture, and ongoing support with training and qualifications.
How to apply:
To hear more details about this fantastic opportunity please email your CV to Daniel Sheffield – Delivery Consultant at rthirteen recruitment.
Powered by our principals - we link individuals with opportunities to fulfil their potential and introduce client partners to associates to aid their business evolution. Contact us, for a completely confidential chat. rthirteen, clever recruiting which makes a difference.
Due to the high numbers of applications, we receive for advertised vacancies, if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful for this opportunity. rthirteen will retain your details and contact you with any other forthcoming opportunities which we feel may be appropriate.