Safety & Training Assistant, Permanent, Wymondham, £25,000 per annum
Conditions: 37.5 hrs per week
Posted on: 22 June 2022
Rthirteen are supporting a well-known Norfolk business in their search for a Safety & Training Assistant. As a key member of the team, you will provide integral operational and administrative support. You will ensure the company complies with regulations, policies and procedures, assist with day-to-day health and safety requirements, and help develop, deliver, and monitor the health & safety framework.
Duties to include:
- Upkeeping all aspects of health and safety across the business
- Ensuring all health and safety administration is completed and maintained accurately within permitted timescales, including communication, reports and processes.
- Creating and reviewing safe working procedures and risk assessments.
- Analysing accident data and trends to produce remedial action plans.
- Assisting in the creation and delivery of presentations to support internal teams develop a stronger understanding of their roles and responsibilities in health and safety management.
- Engaging with internal teams to identify poor performance.
- Providing holiday and absence cover and day-to-day support as required.
- Supporting health and safety training, including inductions for contractors, employees, and manual handling training.
- Recording the PPE and First Aid supplies, ordering stock when needed.
You will have/be:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literate with sound knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically PowerPoint.
- Well organised with sound time management skills and a keen eye for detail.
- The ability to work independently and autonomously as well as in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work away from home as necessary.
- Self-motivated with a can-do attitude.
- Previous Health & Safety experience and relevant qualifications are advantageous.
- Demonstratable knowledge of the Health & Safety at Work Act and relevant legislation is desired.
- Previous exposure within a FMCG environment is desired but not essential.
- A full driving licence held for a minimum of one year.
This is a full time, permanent position working 9:00am-5:30pm Monday to Friday. This role is based in Wymondham with occasional travel, offering £25,000 per annum.
How to apply:
To hear more details about this fantastic opportunity please email your CV to Tasha – Recruitment Manager at rthirteen recruitment.
Powered by our principals - we link individuals with opportunities to fulfil their potential and introduce client partners to associates to aid their business evolution. Contact us, for a completely confidential chat. rthirteen, clever recruiting which makes a difference.
Due to the high numbers of applications we receive for advertised vacancies, if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful for this opportunity. rthirteen will retain your details and contact you with any other forthcoming opportunities which we feel may be appropriate.