Senior Account Handler - Insurance, Permanent, Central Norwich, £DOE + Excellent Benefits
Location: Central Norwich
Conditions: 37.5 hrs per week
Posted on: 21 February 2019
R13 recruitment are working alongside one of the region’s most well established and respected Commercial Insurance Brokers in their search for a Senior Account Handler. You will play an integral role within the business, providing technical, administrative and client service support to Account Executives and their clients.
Duties to include:
- Day to day management of accounts as agreed with Account Executive.
- Effectively managing your clients’ workload to ensure deadlines are met.
- Supporting the Business Support Manager in the day to day management of the Corporate Account Handling team, including support, training and mentoring.
- Completing the administration of client’s insurance requirements on a daily basis including midterm adjustments and obtaining quotations.
- Managing a portfolio of clients, renewing their insurances as required and referring on to Account Executives when necessary.
- Acting as a point of contact internal and external stakeholders.
- Handling incoming queries from clients, insurers and other third parties.
- Inputting data onto the Open GI system in line with company policies and procedures.
- Liaising with insurers and other third parties regarding the administration of client’s insurance needs.
- Working closely alongside other internal departments to ensure you meet the needs of your client including personal insurance and claims.
- Raising invoices in line with company accounting procedures.
- Delivering technical and administrative support to company Directors and Account Executives.
- Attending client and supplier visits alongside Account Executives when required.
You will have/be:
- CII Diploma or be working towards this qualification, and be educated to an A Level standard.
- Insurance Account Handling experience ideally gained from a Corporate or Aftermarket team.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of general insurance products including their features, benefits, exclusions, warranties and application to various situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills coupled with the ability to confidently communicate across all levels of a business.
- Ability to work well within a team and independently.
- Basic knowledge of financial security of insurers and claims principles.
- Capability to negotiate with suppliers regarding renewals and new business terms.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Strong organisational skills coupled with the ability to effectively prioritise workload.
This is a full-time permanent role working Monday to Friday 9am – 5.30pm. Offered salary £DOE plus a comprehensive benefits package.
How to apply:
To hear more details about this fantastic opportunity please email your CV to Ben Parravani – Senior Recruitment Specialist at rthirteen recruitment.
Powered by our principals - we link individuals with opportunities to fulfil their potential, and introduce client partners to associates to aid their business evolution. Contact us, for a completely confidential chat. rthirteen, clever recruiting which makes a difference.
Due to the high numbers of applications we receive for advertised vacancies, if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful for this opportunity. rthirteen will retain your details, and contact you with any other forthcoming opportunities which we feel may be appropriate.
To keep updated with rthirteen recruitment and the vacancies we are recruiting for, find and follow us on: