IAG Advisor in Custody, Permanent, HMP Wayland, £25,000 per annum
Conditions: 37.5 hrs per week
Posted on: 30 March 2021
Are you passionate about helping other achieve their goals? Do you have experience providing careers advice and guidance?
Rthirteen are excited to be working alongside a fantastic welfare to work organisation in order to recruit an IAG Advisor to join them at HMP Wayland. This role will involve providing careers advice and information to prisoners, helping them to reach personal learning goals and supporting their overall progression.
Your duties will include:
- Providing careers advice and information to prisoners to enable them to succeed and reach their personal goals.
- Developing and documenting relevant learning and action plans.
- Supporting prisoners in development employability skills through conducting a range of activities including workshops.
- Arranging and coordinating careers fairs, sector specific talks and various other events.
- Effectively managing prisoner caseload.
- Various administrative duties including; reporting prisoner interactions, updating case notes, updating company system etc..
- Working flexibly across other prisons to support overall service.
- Attending custody meetings and occasionally travelling to external in order to support CPD.
You will have/be:
- A minimum qualification of either Level 3 Diploma in Careers Information and Advice or NVQ 3 in Advice & Guidance.
- Level 2 English and Math or equivalent
- Proven experience delivering careers advice.
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal.
- Strong administration/IT skills.
- Good organisational skills, an ability to organise and manage multiple tasks successfully whilst working under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- An understanding of the importance of safeguarding and data security.
- Strong commitment to engaging service users and passionate about supporting them achieve their goals.
- The ability to work flexibly when required.
- Resilience and a strong work ethic.
- Previous experience with prisoners or vulnerable individuals is highly desirable along with experience in employability.
**Please Note, you will be required to undertake and pass a CRB check**
This is a full time, permanent opportunity. The offered salary for this position is £25,000 per annum.
How to apply:
To hear more details about this fantastic opportunity please email your CV to Sean Ferris – Recruitment Specialist at rthirteen recruitment.
Powered by our principals - we link individuals with opportunities to fulfil their potential and introduce client partners to associates to aid their business evolution. Contact us, for a completely confidential chat. rthirteen, clever recruiting which makes a difference.
Due to the high numbers of applications we receive for advertised vacancies, if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful for this opportunity. rthirteen will retain your details and contact you with any other forthcoming opportunities which we feel may be appropriate.
To keep updated with rthirteen recruitment and the vacancies we are recruiting for, find and follow us on: