KS3/4 SEN Teacher, Permanent, South Gloucestershire, £25,714 - £38,595 DOE
Location: South Gloucestershire
Salary: £25,714 - £38,595
Conditions: 37.5 hrs per week
Posted on: 25 March 2021
R13 recruitment are working in affiliation with a highly regarded organisation, who provide supportive living and learning environments to young people with a variety of complex needs. They are currently searching for a KS3/4 SEN Teacher to join their team in South Gloucestershire.
You will be passionate about supporting young people who may be disabled, disadvantaged, or dis-engaged with mainstream education to help them improve their future employment prospects through the engagement of recognised key skills qualifications, learning & training.
This is a great opportunity to really make a difference to the lives of young people.
Duties to include:
- Planning and delivering education to KS3/4 learners with complex needs.
- Re-engaging young people who are disengaged with education.
- Working in partnership with, peers, parents, carers to ensure the best possible platform is given.
- Managing challenging behaviour and watching out for triggers.
- Developing programmes of learning activities.
- Planning, preparing, researching lessons.
- Preparing and adapting teaching materials.
- Encouraging personal development via tutorial and pastoral work
- Attending meetings and reviews.
- Writing reports.
- Coordinating the work of support staff.
You will have/be:
- A qualified teacher with experience of teaching to GCSE level.
- Experience of working with students with SEMH, communication difficulties or complex needs or have a strong interest and a passion to teach pupils with SEN.
- Committed to striving for the best outcome for the young people you work with.
- Approachable and have the needed attributes to engage with challenging learners.
- A passion for working with children and helping them improve in character through developing their resilience and mindset as well as in qualification.
- Committed to providing high quality learning experiences for all students.
- A team player, able to inspire and work in partnership with staff, parents and students.
- High expectations of themselves as well as the children.
- Well-organised with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
This is a full time, permanent role offering £25,714 - £38,595 dependant on experience.
How to apply:
To hear more details about this fantastic opportunity please email your CV to Sean Farris - Recruitment Specialist at rthirteen recruitment.
Powered by our principals - we link individuals with opportunities to fulfil their potential and introduce client partners to associates to aid their business evolution. Contact us, for a completely confidential chat. rthirteen, clever recruiting which makes a difference.
Due to the high numbers of applications, we receive for advertised vacancies, if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful for this opportunity. rthirteen will retain your details and contact you with any other forthcoming opportunities which we feel may be appropriate.
To keep updated with rthirteen recruitment and the vacancies we are recruiting for, find and follow us on: